Important Safety Guidelines:
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and weight guides for your product.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s weight guidelines for their carriers.
Lillebaby – Complete Carriers: these are designed to adjust to suit your baby from Newborn through to 20kgs.
Lillebaby – Toddler Carriers: due to the wider and deeper front of the toddler carrier these are designed to suit a larger /taller child from 18 months plus – from 9kgs to 27 kgs.
It is important to ensure that your child is well supported according to their developmental stage. It is vital to ensure excellent ergonomic design and positioning from a quality carrier to protect both the carrier and the child.
It is important to follow the guidelines for Safe Positioning at all times
It is important to follow the safety carrying guidelines at all times and to position your child in a way that you can view them and be fully aware of their sleeping moments and active curiosity and engagement in the world and people around them when awake. Regularly check your carrier to ensure all parts are in good condition and working order.
Follow the “TICKS” guidelines for safe carrying of your baby as per below.
- TIGHT – ensure that your carrier /wrap is secured tightly enough to hug your baby closely – this keeps you baby snug and secure and more closely aligned with your centre of gravity – which is most comfortable for baby and parent.
- IN VIEW AT ALL TIMES – you should always be able to easily view your baby to be aware of them and their needs.
- CLOSE ENOUGH TO KISS – your baby’s head should be as close to your chin as comfortable. In the visible and kissable position.
- KEEP CHIN OFF THE CHEST – a baby should never be curled so that their chin is forced onto their chest – restricting their breathing. Be aware of your baby’s position, state of alertness and breathing at all times.
- SUPPORTED BACK – in the upright carry position your baby should be held comfortably close to the wearer so that their back is supported in its natural curved position and their tummy and chest are against you.